CERT College Scholarships
The CERT Scholarship Program was created to meet the unforeseen need of today’s Indian college students. CERT Scholarships may be used for books, living expenses, clothing, or other similar needs to assist students in defraying the high costs of education. The award is a gift from CERT and should not be counted toward any financial aid the student is currently receiving. A CERT Scholarship is not based on financial need.
CERT Scholarship Program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been selected and/or successfully participated in one of the following CERT education programs
- TRIBES Program (1981-2005)
- CERT Intern Program (1986-2009)
- CERT Scholars Program (2006-2008)
- Must be a full-time undergraduate (12 hrs/semester) or graduate (9 hrs/semester) student enrolled at an accredited two or four year tribal, private, or public university/college
- Must be majoring in business, engineering, science, math, computer technology, or related fields.
- Must maintain an acceptable grade point average (2.5 cumulative GPA or higher) according to CERT Scholarship guidelines
Applicants must also submit the following documents with a complete application:
- University/college enrollment verification for forthcoming semester/quarter (if not shown on transcript).
- Most recent official transcripts from university/college registrar’s office after completion of each semester or quarter.
Fall Applications due September 15
Spring Applications due February 15
For more information, contact:
Clint LeBeau, Program Assistant
Council of Energy Resource Tribes
3545 S Tamarac Drive, Suite 320
Denver, CO 80237
P(303) 282-7576 ext. 12
Tribal unemployment is high, from as much as 85-90% to a low of 15%. Over half of the Indian families living in their homelands have income under than the official poverty line, some by as much as 25%.